The ARRL Rocky Mountain Division Scholarship was established in 2011 to support young hams within our Division pursuing higher education, and is supported through the voluntary contributions of individual hams, clubs, and hamfests/conventions across the Division. It is administered by the ARRL Foundation which awards more than 80 scholarships ranging from $500 to $5,000 annually.
- The ARRL Rocky Mountain Division Scholarship is intended to provide funding for the educational expenses of a young Rocky Mountain Division amateur radio operator who is pursuing higher education. One scholarship of $500 is awarded annually to a qualified applicant. If the recipient is not already an ARRL member, he or she will also be awarded a one-year League membership
- The applicant must be a resident of our Rocky Mountain Division (Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming), but he or she may use the award towards a degree at any fully-accredited university or college within the United States
- The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from a sitting officer of an ARRL-affiliated club attesting to the applicant’s regular activity on the amateur radio spectrum and within the Amateur Radio community
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior or undergraduate student, and a United States citizen
- The scholarship is for the exclusive use of the recipient to be applied towards tuition, books, fees and other educational expenses
Further information including a web-based application for this and other scholarships offered by the ARRL Foundation are available at http://www.arrl.org/scholarship-descriptions
Help Ensure the Scholarship’s Future!
Individual hams, clubs, organizations, hamfest organizers, and convention organizers across our Division are encouraged to support the Rocky Mountain Division scholarship’s future and its great cause through a tax-deductible contribution, even if just a few dollars. Contributions may be made by completing the form at http://www.arrl.org/arrl-foundation-donation-form and including a check payable to the ARRL Foundation with “ARRL Rocky Mountain Division Scholarship” written on the memo line, and mailed to:
225 Main Street
Newington CT 06111
The ARRL Foundation, Inc. awards more than 80 scholarships to young hams who are pursuing higher education, and is a not-for-profit organization operating under IRS Tax ID # 23-7325472. As a benefit, all contributions will be acknowledged with a tax receipt letter and are deductible to the full extent of the law.
Past Scholarship Recipients
- 2015: Austin Schaller KDØFAA (Boulder, Colorado)
- 2014: William (Liam) Kelly KDØHDF (Carbondale, Colorado)
- 2013: Brenden Fatchett WØTOL (Parker, Colorado)
- 2012: Kylie Elwood KE7NTS (Logan, Utah)